Saturday, February 4, 2012

Introduction To K-Ville Community Association

Several Years ago , My husband Royce and I were outside working in the yard when we saw some people coming down the road with orange vest, gloves and trash bags on a cart with a lawn mower, some were walking , they stopped to talk to us and told us it was National Clean-up day for the community .
They invited us to come to the meetings.
Royce was interested, so he started going and by listening to him talk about the meetings and the people there I became interested too.
So both of us kept going .
 Finally the next year they were voting for new officers . We were both listed on the ballot , Royce became the building supervisor and I became the Historian.
 His job was to make sure everything in the building was in good working order , was kept clean ,inspected the building before and after a rental and etc.
My job was at the time to keep track of pictures and put them in the albums and report any news of events and old history.

 Later on I was digging into any old history of  K-ville, both of us remembered about a news paper story of K-Ville years ago,. I was looking for the paper, I knew I had kept it but must have thrown it away not realizing what it was at the time .
I started asking questions and everyone that heard anything was trying to help , After reading a different story about a 25th Reunion , I discovered that the street we live on was named after the man that founded this community , which was 86 years ago !
Later on I found out that a grand daughter of this man had lots of information .She helped me with more , I will be adding new stories as we go , this is how I got involved and hope to keep this going for everyone to read .

No comments:

Post a Comment