Thursday, February 16, 2012

First Newspaper Clipping We saw of Kossuthville

   This is the one we remember seeing  back in the 90's that was in the news paper .I had saved it for a long time, but then misplaced it . I got this copy from the Community Center and then another from Debbie Nemeth Bracewell.Grand daughter to Jospeh Nemeth the founder of Kossuthville ,Florida.
 It was amazing the plans they had for this small community that never happened . I heard stories that they planned for it to be like any small town with post office ,train station, park and etc.
There was even a drawing showing where they wanted the center of town to be and that was one the corners of  Rene and Summer Streets .I have the drawing on our display board that I put out every year during the Holiday Dinner .
Later I will make a copy of this article so it can be read by all .
There is lots more to tell and I will post more later.
If anyone has any early history to share with me please leave a comment ,your name and e-mail so we can talk about it ,Thank you. Cheryl  Hartzog ,Historian of Kossuthville ,Florida

No comments:

Post a Comment